In 1996 NEPTCO introduced a unique, dual function product called Detectable MULETAPE®
which has since become the industry standard for locating buried cable and conduit. (See article reprinted from Underground Focus)
Detectable MULETAPE is a low stretch, high strength woven tape, produced with abrasion-resistant polyester or aramid fibers, and a corrosion-resistant metallic conductor. This unique combination provides users of Detectable MULETAPE with a single product for detecting, measuring and pulling.
Features & Benefits
Detectable MULETAPE® is available in various product constructions. Click on the links below for pdf copies of select data sheets:
Note: Many conduit manufacturers provide innerduct pre-threaded with MULETAPE
- Prelubrication reduces friction levels and eliminates duct cutting.
- Lower elongation reduces pulling time, enhances worker safety, and prevents crushed capstans
- Extrusion-friendly conductor insulation allows for pre-threading of innerduct
- Highly functional at a wide range of frequencies; compatible with any commercial transmitter/receiving equipment
- Lightweight, easily blown through conduit or innerduct
- Each reel includes two id tags for post-installation identification. Click here to learn more.
- Accurate sequential footage or meter markings enable monitoring of cable location during a pull, eliminate the need for measuring tapes, and help determine the quantity remaining on a partial roll
- Variety of constructions available: woven, jacketed, aramid and polyester
- Packaged in splice-free lengths up to 100,000 ft. (30 km) for faster, easier cable placement
- Available in a variety of strengths up to 6,000 lbs (2727 kg)
- Easily spliced using conventional methods and/or our own MULEKNOT™ (Click here for splicing instructions.)
® or Detectable MULETAPE
®. Click here for more information.
telecommunications, tape, rope, pulling tape,rope,cable installation,cable blowing,innerduct,underground construction,outside plant products,detection,detection products,detectable tape,detectable rope,detectable products,Mule Tape,Muletape,MuleTape, pull tape, pull rope, fiber optic cable installation, DT400, DT900P, DT1250P, DT1800P, DT2500P,DT330N,DT4000N, DT6000N, DT1250/4P, DP400N, DP900N, DP1250N, DP1800N, DP2500N, DP3300N,DP4000N,DP6000N,Cable installation systems, Underground Cable, CATV Cable,CATV Cable Systems, Cable Placing, Underground Cable, cable pulling systems